This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, January 18, 2016

(Hermana S.) Behold, my soul delighteth...

Hello fam!

Another week has flown by. So crazy. Well, transfers in the mission have changed a bit because now no one in the world is allowed to have transfer meetings! That means... today I received a new companion, Hermana Castellanos from Oaxaca, Mexico! Woohoo! I am happy for Hermana Guzmán because she is going to train finally! She'll finish the mission being a mom. :) And, Hermana Castellano finishes in one cycle so I will be her last comp. Can I just say, I have had a TON of companions! It's a little out of the ordinary. 18 months and I will have had 11 companions by the end of it! Two cycles being in trio killed the count, haha.

This week has been a little hard because literally all of our appointments fell through. Seriously, all of them. But in those moments we were able to find some really great people. Our problem is that we are finding a ton but we don't feel that they are really that serious. They don't have the desire to change everything and do everything for the Lord. And that's what a real convert needs; the willingness to do whatever it takes for Him. But we found some GREAT new people yesterday and we will keep looking.

In other news, the opened the new area, Villas 2, today. And as a luck (or inspiration by the Lord) would have it, the two Pennsylvanians have been reunited once again! Haha, that's right, Elder Ferguson arrived today with his brand new son, his second. He's a great Elder and he'll be our district leader. For that I am excited. With two Pennsylvanians, Villas is gonna EXPLODE!!! Yeah! #ANIMO

I love to read the Book of Mormon. I think of this wonderful book and the great change that has taken place in me over the occasions in which I have read it. However, more than I ever felt like I could relate to Nephi when I read this week: 

 16 Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard.

 17 Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O, wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities.

 18 I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me.

 19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.


It's interesting. As I become more the person God needs me to be, as I change, am refined, and become more consecrated unto the Lord, I feel more afflicted by my many weaknesses! The difference between the past me and the present me is that now I know the Lord will help me to change these things. Sometimes the process is long and difficult, but I know that His grace is sufficient. When all is said an done, I join with Nephi, who concludes his psalm as follows: 

35 Yea, know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if ask not amiss; therefore will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, will cry unto theemy God, the rock of my righteousnessBehold,my voice shalforever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen.

Amen.
Love you,
Hna Snyder


Inline image 1

Inline image 2

No comments:

Post a Comment