This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, January 25, 2016

(Hermana S.) Trial of my faith

It's been a good week. For some reason I felt like it was a long one! These weeks have been a little hard because we can't get anyone to church!!!! Seriously I am going a little crazy. Every week it's like 1 or 2 or 3 investigators at church and it's so frustrating because we have some great investigators with tons of potential, but they always flake out on us. Any suggestions from my fellow RMs? 

Hermana Castellanos is great; she is working hard through her final transfer in the mission. Also, we divided the area and, well, it's very small. SUPER small! In Huauchi and Actopan we had like 20 or more little towns and colonies. Here, we have 3. THREE! Sometimes I feel like I am trapped in a little box. When the appointments fall through sometimes I look at my companion and just tell her, "I don't know what to do." We knock doors or do some street contacting and some days are better than others but this is proving to be a trial of my faith and diligence!

Ay yay yay... Lots of changes but I'm happy as can be! I forgot to tell you guys a pretty amazing story from last week, so I'll tell it now. We have been teaching Corayma, the wife of a less active member. When I was in Tecnologico, I met them. The less active's sister, Elena, is super active in her ward in Tecnologico and always went with us to our teaching appointments. She recently received her mission call to TorreĆ³n, Mexico. :) She had told us about her brother and so when I saw them in church one Sunday in Tecnologico I introduced myself and welcomed them to Sacrament meeting. So when I found out that they lived in Villas I was super pumped. We went to visit them and I felt an immediate connection with Corayma. Since the first day we taught her I knew she would be baptized. 

So, time passed and we continued teaching her. Something ALWAYS came up and they couldn't go to church for one reason or another, but we didn't lose the hope. Corayma has a little baby girl with Downs Syndrome, so we decided that another sister in the ward, Carmen, would be the perfect friend and fellowshipper because she also has a little guy with Downs. One day, we went with Carmen and her two little boys to visit Corayma. We had invited Corayma to be baptized multiple times and she had accpeted a few times, but very hesitantly. She had listened to missionaries for 5 years, but had never wanted to be baptized because her husband's family had pressured her a lot when they first got married. "When are you gonna get baptized?" and "You're practically Mormon, just get baptized!" etc. Since then she's had a bit of a wall up when it came to the subject of baptism. 

We invited her to pray and ask Heavenly Father if she really needed to be baptized and if this was the correct path for her family. When we asked her if she had said that specific prayer, she told us that she had had a dream that night. In the dream, a lady that she didn't know showed up at her door and started talking about the church. "Why haven't you been baptized when you know that it's what you need to do? I know you want to be with your family forever. You need this to be the mother that God needs you to be to that little girl..." And then she told us, hermana Carmen was the lady from the dream. !!!!!!! She told us that in the 5 years that she had been listening to the missionaries, they had always visited her with men or young single adults from the church, but NEVER with a sister. We invited her to be baptized on the February 13th and she said, "We can't do it before then?!" 

Seriously one of the best experiences of my mission. The twist in the story is that now, with the division, she lives in the Elders' area. So we can't teach her anymore. But there are some moments in the mission when you just know that you were sent to find that one person. I know that Corayma is one of those people for me. I love this work! I love the Savior and His Gospel.

I love you!
Hna. Snyder

Inline image 1


No comments:

Post a Comment