This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, September 21, 2015

(Elder S.) Wonderful week!

Hello everyone! I hope you all had an awesome week. It sure was an
awesome week here in Yachiyo! I'm sorry but I don't have a lot of time
today  We had a pretty busy day but I'll tell you about the two awesome
things that happened this week. First, we had a conference with
President Whiting who is in the First Quorum of the Seventy and also the
president of the Asia North area. The conference was done under
apostolic authority and we could really feel the spirit that was
there. He talked about our mission and how we need to improve. He
pretty much called us all to repentance but it was definitely what we
all needed. It definitely strengthened my faith and I will be doing my
missionary work a lot differently now. I don't have too much time to
talk about the details but maybe next week I will share some things
that I felt and things that are really important for us all to know.

The other thing that happened to this week was just awesome! So I have
told you about our investigator Dennis who is from Uganda. On Friday
after the conference we decided to set a baptism date for him. The
previous night we had asked him to read 2 Nephi 31 and to ponder and
pray about it. At the beginning of our lesson he told us that what he
felt is that he really needs to receive baptism. We told him how that
was from the spirit telling him that not only did he need to receive
baptism but also that the Book of Mormon is true. So we went on with
our lesson and taught him the gospel of Jesus Christ, afterwords
asking him when he thought he would be ready to be baptized into the 

church of Jesus Christ. He told us that he thought he could be
ready very soon. Didn't I tell you he was a golden investigator? We then
told him that we believe he can be ready by this coming Sunday. He
agreed and also believes that he will be ready to receive baptism this
coming Sunday the 27th. So the past 2 days we've taught him all the
commandments and tomorrow he has his interview!! Pray for him!

It's so great to see the hand of God in His work. I love the Gospel
and the happiness that it brings us. I'm grateful for the Savior and
for the example that he has set for us. I love being a missionary!!!
Have an awesome week!

Food for thought: In my study this week I came across the requirements
of being Exalted. One of them is to seek out our kindred dead and to
perform their saving ordinances. Better get on it! Haha. Love you
guys!

Elder Snyder


スナイダー長老

No comments:

Post a Comment