This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, September 21, 2015

(Hermana S.) I'm happy!

Helllllloooo! 

So, I'm in a trio! Whoo! Haha, they always say that trios are hard but it's actually pretty sweet! I have lots of things to tell you...

First of all, I am in Tecnologico, which is... in the city of Pachuca! Right in the heart! Haha. It's definitely a change because I have only been in little pueblitos but I'm excited. First of all, because today I went to Walmart for the first time in about a year. Haha. Second of all, the ward is great! There are a bunch of super rich people, so that's interesting. We ate this week in the biggest house I have been in in real life. There is a swimming pool. Inside. Also, the stake president and his family are great. They live like less than 10 minutes walking from our house. The stake president graduated in Agriculture and builds greenhouses for a living! I told him that my dad would be very excited to hear that. In our area is Camino Real, the big fancy hotel that Elder Bednar stayed in when he came. And also in the ward is a family from Actopan that I loved and moved while I was there. We ate with them on Sunday!

Sooo lots of great things. I am with Sister Cerna from El Salvador and Sister Vasquez from Guatemala and we are just having a ball! Sister Vasquez just left from being Asistenta to Presidente for 3 cycles, so I am learning a lot from her, but she's very humble. Sister Cerna is quiet and sweet. We all get along great.

Something interesting happened today. We went to the ATM to take out cash and it ate my card before turning off completely. So we had a little bit of a crazy p-day having to go from here to there and I will be cardless for 2 weeks. Yippee. Haha.

But we are finding some great people! We had 2 new baptismal dates yesterday at church and something pretty amazing happened. Once again, I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote to President. :)

Ayer tuvimos una experiencia muy especial. Tuvimos dos nuevas fechas que encontramos en la semana y nos acompañaron en la capilla. Fue tan bonito porque la hermana había sido operada y tenía dolor pero lo aguantó tanto en la capilla. Después de Sociedad de Socorro, el Presidente Anieves (vive en nuestra área, CAMPEÓN) dijo que sintió la impresión que alguien necesitaba de una bendición. La primera persona de levantar la mano fue nuestra investigadora, Reyna. Presidente le dio una bendición tan bonita; nadie le había dicho que la operaron pero pidió específicamente por eso y muchas otras cosas. La hermana salió llorando. Se sintió tan fuerte el espíritu.

Seriously it was so awesome. I hope you can understand that and if not, ask someone who speaks Spanish! 

Also, well, I am very sad because something went wrong with my SD card and the computer isn't reading it. Actually none of the computers will read it. I'm crying inside. I had some great pictures to send you! But I am going to take it to a little shop or something to see what the problem is. They show up on my camera just not on the computer. But that's the least of my worries!

This week we have interviews with President and I am excited because I always learn so much from him. Until next time!

Love you!!!
Hna. Snyder




No comments:

Post a Comment