This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, September 7, 2015

(Hermana S.) Been sick and early b-day!

How's it going? It's very interesting to hear that everyone's sick because... wel,l I'm sick too! Hahahaha. This week it hit me - the stomach, the head, and now the common cold. But I'm alive and kicking it! I only had to sit it out on a few hours of study because my head couldn't take it. But we're back in business, that's good. 

What has even happened this week. Hmm. Well first thing's first, I already got my bday package! Less than a month! I'm guessing that there's just a lot of mail around Christmas time. But thanks, Mom! I promised myself I wasn't going to open it... but then I opened it. Haha. Oops! Happy birthday to me! The good news is that I didn't open all the presents, just the shoes. And one the pink shirt. And the earrings. And the food. But that's it! There's still a lot more to be opened. Haha. Thanks, Mom! Love you so very much!

It's been a good week in Actopan. It was a little difficult to keep working at times but it pays off to just buckle down and do it. This week was a little hard also because just about no one came to church. Just one investigator who is a reference of a member so she came because the member went to pick her up before church. Judith started working again... Did I tell you about her accident? She was riding on her bike and a motorcyclist came and hit her front wheel so she went flying. She was all banged up and wasn't going to go back to work but it looks like she changed her mind. So that was sad. We also have another great investigator named Ruben, who is awesome. He's another reference, he's 23 and works cutting men's hair. He's reading the BoM and is just awesome. He was also going to go to church but he was walking home one day and a drunk guy hit him with his car and so on Sunday he had to go get checked in the hospital. Ugh!!!! Satan is working hard in the lives of our investigators. We are just praying that everyone can be safe and keep enduring to the end. 

But we're doing good. We're working hard. I am looking forward to this week and I know it'll be better than the last. I love ya'll so much!

Con mucho amor,
Hna. Snyder





No comments:

Post a Comment