This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, September 14, 2015

(Hermana S.) Cambios!

Yep, that's right. I'm getting transferred.

I'M SO SADDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!

Just when everything's going great and life is perfect and your investigadores are keeping all of their committments and are so dang awesome, transfers.

Needless to say, I am very upset. I just love Actopan so much. I'm leaving before Judith's baptism and also Ruben, and my dearly beloved less-actives and... WAHHH !
Life goes on, I guess. It's the mission. I'm not the best with changes, I have come to know this in the mission. So I am nervous. But I'm remembering what Elder Bednar told us when he came to the mission: "DON'T BE SOMEONE WHO RESISTS CHANGE!" Change is progress. Change is growth. We can't become better without it. 

This week has been great. We reviewed the baptismal interview questions with Judith and she got an A+++++! She is so great. I can't believe I won't be here for her baptism. But she will forever be in my heart.

Also, Ruben went to the cultural program of the temple dedication! It was a play about the Book of Mormon and the growth of the Church in Mexico. So great! And he loved it and the church building. I just know he's going to get baptized too. 

We also found a new investigator yesterday who went to the temple with her neighbor, Hermana Loyda. She is the sister-in-law of the stake president, but her husband is inactive. She said in the temple open house she felt an indescribable peace and has been reading the Book of Mormon ever since. She accepted baptism and wants to enter in the temple with her husband and their family. !!!!!!!!!!!!! Why are all of these things happening NOW?! I think this mission is for me to learn patience and accept the Lord's will.

Yesterday we didn't have Sacrament meeting. We went to the stake center for the temple re-dedication. President Eyring and Elder Holland came. It was so beautiful!!! I felt the Spirit so strongly. I am so grateful for the gift of temples on the earth. We are so blessed. We should all make a greater effort to get to the temple more often. And if you haven't entered to make your own sacred covenants, there should be nothing more important to you. Seriously, the Mexico City temple is gorgeous. How does a wedding in Mexico sound?! Hahaha. It's just so beautiful!

Welp, I feel weird. Sad and nervous and excited. I am so grateful for the chance to come to Actopan. It's changed my life. I will always cherish my time here with Hermana Bustos and Hermana Cevallos. I have grown to know my Savior more. I have been able to become more consecrated. I have been able to love more. I am happy. Happy in the mission and in the Gospel and in my life! Love you all so much. Pray for me! Haha. :)

Love love love, 
Hna. Snyder 







I love this sweet family! They heard that transfers are tomorrow and were afraid that I would be going, so they bought a cake to celebrate my birthday early! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment