This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, February 22, 2016

(Elder S.) Giving 110% and relying on the Lord

Hey everyone! Well today was another Temple p-day which was great, of course. I always love going to the temple!

 So this week I hit my one year mark on the mission. That's pretty crazy.. I only have one more year left! That seems super short, especially thinking about how fast this past year has gone. But don't worry, I'm not trunky yet.. I still have a lot of work to do before my time is up here. 

So to be completely honest, this past week was about the same as the past several weeks. Lots of finding! Visiting members, talking to everyone on the streets. Sometimes it's pretty tiring, but of course God blesses us with miracles. So one miracle from last week... our investigator Ibata, who has a date for the 28th, kind of dropped off for about a week and a half and we didn't know what happened. We were getting super worried but then we finally got a hold of him and met up and found out that he had been going through a rough time. We were able to talk about things with him and he's back on the right track! We're probably going to have to move his date back a little bit but he's doing really well now! God never leaves us hanging if we're doing what we should be doing and giving it 110%. Sometimes we may feel like we're digging ourselves into a hole but He always provides the way out. 

Over the past year and a half I've learned so much, especially in the past 8.5 months back here in Japan. I've learned life skills, my gospel knowledge has grown, but for me the biggest thing is how to rely on my savior Jesus Christ. There have been times even in these past 8 months where I've tried to rely on myself but it only brings out my weaknesses and brings me down. But when you learn how to truly rely on the Lord, His grace will make you stronger than you could ever be on your own. I'm so grateful for this eternity changing opportunity for me to serve a mission. 

Love you guys! Praying for you always!

Elder Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment