This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, February 15, 2016

(Hermana S.) Baptism!

It's been a great week ... we worked hard and we achieved many goals. First, Michelle was baptized and we are super happy! Her dad was sad that he couldn't baptize her, but it was a wakeup call for him because now he is working hard to live worthy of the priesthood that he holds. 

Today I saw some pictures on the mission blog of a family who was baptized in Actopan this past weekend. This work really is amazing. I was there in Actopan just a few months ago. We worked hard with a family that has a son in the mission but the dad was less active. I remember clearly the day we said we were going to fast for him to find a job where he would not have to work on Sundays. His eyes filled up with tears when he asked, "You would do that for me?" We said we were going to do it together. We reactivated the dad and we did activity from Preach My Gospel with them, where they made lists of all the people they know and then the Spirit helped them choose some people to share the Gospel with. This brother put down just two friends. Today on the blog I saw that the family of one of these friends was baptized. 

Me heart is filled with joy and my eyes with tears at the thought of this marvelous work. Every day seeds are sown and sheaves are harvested. My letter this week is simple but I just want you all to know that I love this work so much. I feel so privileged to be here. Sometimes as missionaries we feel that our work isn't sufficient even though we are giving all we have to give. Sometimes the thought has entered my mind, "Did I really give my all in ______?" (For example in Actopan, where we only had one baptism in my time there). 

D&C 31: 5 

5 Therefore, thrust in your sickle with all your soul, and your sins are forgiven you, and you shall be laden with sheaves upon your back, for the laborer is worthy of his hire. 

I know it's true. The blessings come sooner or later, but they always come.

I love you all so much! 

Have a great week,
Hna. Snyder





No comments:

Post a Comment