This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, February 8, 2016

(Hermana S.) Blessings come

Hellllllllllllllllllllo family!

It's been a good week, full of learning ​(that usually means that it's been tough, haha :). We've talked with a lot of people and lots have rejected us, but it's all good. We all have our agency. :)

We have a zone activity today so I don 't have allll that much time to write. I'll send you what I sent President today, but it's in Spanish again. You'll have to translate it or phone a friend.

Translation:
It has been a very good week. I'm really enjoying being with Castellanos sister. It is a very good missionary and continues to work very hard even though this is your last cycle. The truth is that we are fine, chambeando good! 

This week was Michelle to the chapel. She is a girl of 12 who is getting baptized on February 13. His dad and his 2 brothers are members but she was not baptized with them. But it is already very lively, reading and going to the chapel, sometimes going alone because their brothers go early to prepare the sacrament. Really I love her very much and I know that is ready to be baptized. 

We are also super happy because yesterday we found Hazarídt and her husband Carlos again. She had gone to Mexico for a month to visit his mom and we were afraid that he would not return! But just arrived two days ago and yesterday accepted baptismal date again, now for the February 27 because it already has several Sundays. 

This morning I was reading in the Book of Mormon. I'm reading King Benjamin's speech (one of my favorite parts of the Book of Mormon) and re-read a promise that appears many times in the Book of Mormon. King says, "Behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments, and he has promised that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never varied from what he said; therefore, if you keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper. " 

I know that the blessings always come. I have knelt every day to give me the strength to meet the standards of excellence and I feel we're going to do in February vision. By reading the Book of Mormon, I have more confidence in the Lord's promises. I do not know how he does at times, but the Lord always met if we are obedient. Now I pray that God's will be done. I know that His will is that these His children are baptized. We will endeavor to be done! 

I love you very much. 
With much hope, 
Sister. Snyder

I'm a little sad Because this week, two sisters Went home. One chose to go and one was sent home. It makes me sad because, well, They literally do not know what they're missing. This mission is the best thing I have ever done. I have done lots of things, but this is by far the best. My eternity is changed. I feel so grateful. Before, I could have imagined my life without the mission. I would have lived a good life and gotten married in the temple and all that jazz. But now that I am here, after almost 16 months of being a missionary, I can not imagine my life without the mission.

I got my travel info today and ... that's really weird. April 12th. That's literally right around the corner! Let's not think about it. :)

Love yinz!
Sister. Snyder


Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment