This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, February 15, 2016

(Elder S.) Families Can Be Together Forever

It's already a new transfer! We got transfer calls this morning and nothing is changing with Elder Ogata and I. This past transfer was kind of tough, lots of finding and not tons of success. Right now our focus is to get out there, grind it out and find people to teach! Last week was a little better though. We found a few new investigators and some good potentials! Koga's members are awesome though. They feed us just about weekly, and when they do its biggggg. Sometimes I think just those meals balance out all the bike riding and exercise I do throughout the week. Haha

I want to share an experience that has really strengthened my testimony of the Plan of Salvation. So last week someone very close to me received a letter from his family, telling him that his mother has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer. He has 6 younger siblings, ranging down to 4 years old. When he told me this I couldn't believe the peace in his voice as he talked. Together we sang "Families can be together forever" and he shared with me 2 Timothy 4:5-8, which are the verses his dad sent him in the letter.
5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
Since then I've been thinking about how this is a family who truly understands the Plan of Salvation that our Heavenly Father has created for us. How this life is only a tiny dot in the eternities that we will be able to spend in happiness with our families. 

I know this church is true. Love you! 




Displaying image1.JPG
Displaying image1.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment