This is our blog about the adventures and experiences of two Snyder kids as they serve missions, one in Mexico and one in Japan, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These are the weekly emails and pictures they send home.

Monday, February 22, 2016

(Hermana S.) It's Monday again?!?!

Hello wonderful people!

The weeks pass by so dang fast. Seriously, how is it already Monday again? Today Hermana Castellanos had her last interview! So. Weird. I feel like she just got here! But one more week and she'll be packing up and heading home to Oaxaca. Elder Zeledon also had his last interview today so we were talking in the mission office about how clearly we remember the old days in Huauchinango. He said that I had 3 months in the mission when he arrived to Huauchi and became my district leader. I feel like that was just yesterday! So crazy... the time sure flies in the mission.

It was a good week. We had divisions 2 times and both times I went with the other gringas. Haha. It's fun, but I've forgotten how English works! My mouth doesn't work that way anymore.

Before I forget, Hermana Egbert is in the hospital. When she broke her leg, she got a blood clot. It got bigger and then traveled up to her lungs, so her lungs fell up with blood and her health became very critical. She was in the intensive care unit for a few days and will be in the hospital for 8-10 more days, and it will be a few months before she fully recovers. Please pray for her! She is the best mission mom there is... We are all worried and praying for her.

Hazaridt and Carlos and progressing well. They're working on the whole quitting smoking thing and progressing along. Hazaridt hasn't smoked and Carlos is dropping off little by little. We just saw him in the street reading his BoM (I feel like a proud mom). They went to church yesterday and their kids are crazy, but in no time they'll understand how to be reverent in church. :)

Remember the 80-year-old old grandpa, Cecilio, that Hna. Guzman and I were teaching? Well after the division, he became investigator of the Elders. He's gonna get baptized this week! Whoa! I remember the night we found him. All of the appointments fell through and we said a prayer to be able to find someone who needed us. We were walking down the street, headed for another neighborhood, when I turned around and asked my comp if we could go knock a door that we had already passed. So we went and knocked and found Cecilio. And now he is going to be baptized! The miracles never end in the mission. 

Fernanda, Jeni and Miriam, Manuel, and the rest of the crew are doing great, too. We're happy and working on finding more people to teach. :)

I don't know what more to say this week. We had Zone Conference and it was great. I just love listening to the Egberts. They are amazing people. I feel very blessed to have them for all of my 18 months.

Love you all so much! Have a great week!
Hna Spider








No comments:

Post a Comment